Nino’s Family Legacy began in 1969 when Adelina opened a candy shop in Bellwood, Illinois. Sales were very slow and soon Adelina Ciccone began selling her homemade pasta as well. The response was tremendous! She would hand prepare her recipe for Raviolis by hand, 300 a day. At a very young age Gaetano spent many hours with his mother learning her recipes and applying his newly found skills of producing quality pasta products.
For the next 20 years the business grew and expanded or moved facilities to accommodate the growth. Chronology of main events:
- 1970 moved to a larger facility
- 1973 Adelina Ciccone expanded the food line to 15 items
- 1973 Adelina Ciccone was the first to freeze pre-cooked and pre-portioned control
bags for restaurants, food distributors, and full service grocery stores eliminating the cost of waste.
- 1980 rapidly growing Adelina Ciccone began concentrating more on increasing capacity and found a larger factory in Melrose Park, Illinois
- The next 10 years Nino’s enjoyed a yearly growth of 22%
- 1990 Adelina (Adelina) Ciccone passed away, but her recipes and kindness to customers lived on
With Sebastiano semi-retired, son Gaetano took over the business. With him came new ideas for increasing the business by expanding the product line with Adelina’s recipes. Gaetano also had a vision for expanding the customer base to larger food service companies and independent and major retail grocers. Sales were now several million dollars annually with continued double digit growth by developing strong relationships with his distribution and direct customer base. The void in the market for a higher quality product was now being filled by the Nino’s line of “Quality is the Difference” products.
Nino’s is located in Northlake Illinois, with plans on opening new, state of the art, manufacturing and packaging facility by early 2017.
Our mission is to produce quality products for generations to come. We sincerely express our gratitude to all who enjoy and support us.